Your filename format is determined by our Prepress Department and is provided to you via email prior to commencement.
In order to successfully upload files to our FTP Server your files must be named as follows:
Files must be named according to the protocol for our automated imposition placement to work otherwise your files might
not upload to the server successfully and you will recieve a ‘Permission Denied’ message.
Please upload ONLY single page files to the FTP server. These must only contain individual pages (i.e. no spreads).
Your filename format is generally comprised of:
- The JobID (might contain your FTP Username as the prefix or coincide with it)
- The Job Short-Name a.k.a Publication Identifier (if required)
- The Issue's Publication Date in the following numeric format
- yyyymmdd The year, month and day (for daily publications)
- yyyymm The year and month (for monthly publications)
- yyyy The year (for yearly publications)
- A Part Identifier for publications that contains multiple page ones (ex. COVER, BODY, INSERT, ONSERT) (if required)
- The Page Identifier latin character ‘p’
- Followed by the Page Number in 3-digit format (example ‘123’)
- Ensure the filename's extension is ‘.pdf’
If further clarification is required do not hesitate to call the Prepress Department on (02) 9549 1186 or alternatively send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org